#41: Alex Zaccaria, Co-Founder and CEO of Linktree — finding a need in the market, when to take venture money, preparing for board meetings, and the value of conferences
Alex Zaccaria is the Co-Founder and CEO at Linktree, the link-in-bio category creator which enables creators, brands, artists, publishers, agencies, and businesses of all sizes to curate an online ecosystem, engage with their audience, and monetize their passions.
Key highlights in the episode
- The founding insights of Linktree (02:55)
- The pivotal moment for Linktree when Alicia Keys signed up organically (07:24)
- Why they switched from bootstrapping to venture capital (11:57)
- How Alex manages his board, prepares for board meetings, and handles disagreements that arise among the board members (16:25)
- What prompted the decision to hire Linktree’s new president Michael Olson(21:25)
- The hiring process of the new Linktree president (24:07)
- The challenge in maintaining his conviction when other experienced executives have their own equally strong conviction and how he balances it (27:14)
- How Alex learns and makes sure he is continuing to develop above the curve of the company (34:41)
- His experience with the impostor syndrome and how he deals with it (38:52)
- What Alex wishes he had known earlier on his journey (42:28)
- His advice for other founders as they embark on their journey to grow into leaders (44:15)
- “If you feel like you know what you do each day, then you’re definitely not either pushing yourself or pushing the company hard enough.” (42:14)
Remember to Subscribe, Rate, Review, Like, and Share!
- Imposter Syndrome TED talk by Mike Cannon-Brookes: https://bit.ly/43iEYRD
Connect with Alex Zaccaria!
Follow Alex Zaccaria on:
- LinkedIn: https://linktr.ee/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/linktree_
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/linktr.ee/
To stay up to date on future episodes and learn more from Alisa, sign up for her newsletter.
Connect with Alisa!
Follow Alisa Cohn on
- Instagram: @alisacohn
- Twitter: @alisacohn
- Facebook: facebook.com/alisa.cohn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alisacohn/
- Website: http://www.alisacohn.com
If you like what you hear, please subscribe to the podcast!
Grab a copy of From Start-Up to Grown-Up by Alisa Cohn from Amazon